october 14th endurance testing.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

october 14th endurance testing.

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:09 pm

in motorsports, there are two ways to tune a car. you tune a car that is the fastest possible, a top qualifier. or you build a vehicle that can run lap after lap on the same pace. i generally run longer races, as do some touring and gran touring series, so i intend to run a test session tomorrow. this will be a PRIVATE SOLO SESSION at 10:00 am american EST. however, if one or more drivers would like to do an endurance test tomorrow, i will set up a lobby.

the session will be 2 hours 30 minutes long. the intention is to see how the vehicles react to tire wear and fuel usage.

having never run a race with sim tire wear and fuel usage, this is new to me on forza. i know some real cars run best 20 or 30 minutes into a stint, when the tires are at peak performance and the vehicle lighter because a percentage of its fuel has been burned. does this apply in forza? time to find out.

tomorrow morning ill do a test and tune session in the pro speed custom engineering/wilwood/top secret engineering nissan r32 gtr. this test session will be held at PSCE in game "home base", Mazda Leguna Seca. that session will be solo and offline, just to set up the car.

i hope to run at least one more endurance type test session before the beginning of the racing season, so if you are interested in running such a test, but cannot race tomorrow, let me know when you wish to run such a test session.

i would also like to pose the question of race length in this thread. i would love long touring car races, but i may be alone. either way, what do you think we will be running this season?

Alex98sc10~ PSCE
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Re: october 14th endurance testing.

Post  Gel38 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:54 am

lol, i'd love to do it. Of course, 10 am for you is 4 pm for me. My wife would be pretty ticked if she didn't have food. If ya did it at 8 am your time I could definitely do it! I've never ran a 2h 30m race before. (FTCC races are only like 40-45 minutes)

Admin

http://ftcc.justgoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:11 am

i might be able to run it in 20 minutes or so, lil past 8 now and i just woke up. nothing like the smell of burning rubber in the morning!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:22 am

im on right now, ill throw a quick tune on and get the lobby set up
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:08 pm

so to recap. we raced. made it the first 2 hours then some "random" wifi issue caused me to disconnect.

dont know how gel did, but i can tell you i got valuable data. that data tells me a couple things.

one: get the heads up display set up BEFORE the race

two: dont do last minute tunes hoping it will work

three: shut up and drive stupid!

first pit stop came after about an hour, tire wear while little in percentage made a large difference, and i immediatly started gaining. pace dropped from the beggining of the stint to the end.

fuel wise, i think i used half a tank per hour, but i have no clue, cant read the fuel gauge! its ok though, i can always run under the "keep on driving and hope it lasts" tactic!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top