Testing anyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Testing anyone?

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:29 am

hey guys, i got a half day friday, so ill be able to host some races for testing. if anyone is interested, just let me know what time and what tracks!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Re: Testing anyone?

Post  Gel38 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Tomorrow? You're EST? .. I don't even know what my timezone is.. all I know is i'm +1 GMT (that's 6 hours ahead of EST) I can set it up tomorrow Smile There might be a few people who wanna check it out. Smile
Seems like You and I are the only ones actually using the forum a lot? lol

Admin

http://ftcc.justgoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:07 pm

yeah, im EST right now, and im thinking thats the closest ill ever be to your time.

either they are really shy, or just wanna reap the benefits of our conversations. the bright side is some talking is better then none!

im also home today (was feeling sick this morning, feel good now!), so i will build as many of the rest of the listed cars as i can (i think 3 are DLC i dont have), and update my testing/review thread!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gel38 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:36 am

I'll be on tomorrow. I think my wife said she has to do a photoshoot, (well, that's about 1 pm my time) So, i'll have some time then. And.. yeah man! for the 2nd season I've got 18 new cars and then 8 T1 cars (4WD and RWD cars are SUPER hard to find for the league) I tried the 05 mustang and it's handling was quite poor Sad I was a bit bummed by that

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:44 am

either post, pm or email me the specs, at least on the '05 stang to bring it up to specs, and ill get to work testing. got another day off and a half day tomorrow, so i have plenty of time to tame the beast! ill let you know how it goes. what track/tracks did you test on? the mustang is so picky you need a correct setup for almost every track!

edit: i have also added the rest of the cars i have built for season 1, i will keep editing that post in "the dyno" to get the info more professional, as well as more benefitial for other members! just figured id throw that up here because i mentioned it earlier in this thread!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gel38 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:59 am

lol Keep hitting "Edit post" on your posts... ah well

I just drove the stang on Maple valley, however, it was just sliding all over the place. The numbers said it had a 5.6 handling with the G's being .97 @ 60 mph and .97 @ 120 mph... at any rate, i'd like it to be at least a .98, as that's where most of the cars sit. (well .99 mostly)

I'm sure a lot of it's in the tuning, as it ..well wasn't steering out but gliding out... that's the anti-roll bars for sure (maybe with a mix of the camber?)

If I can, i'll be on tonight... That is of course, unless the wife wants to watch a movie or something. If not, i'll be on maybe

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:06 pm

alright! ill be testing later anyways, I NEED MORE DATA Laughing . remember, happy wife happy life! Very Happy
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gel38 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:36 pm

exactly man!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:22 pm

oh and not trying to be rough or sarcastic, but when i said specs on the mustangs, i meant specs so i could build one and have a go at tuning it, i could build ANY mustang with ANY specs to out-turn current FTCC cars, but i would like to tune the 05 mustang built to the same spec as what you were trying.

ocasionally i find lack of rear end grip could be helped by too much front end grip, so maybe having 215 (or one/two sizes below reg) might be one trick to use (and look out for), that and like you said sway bars and camber. tire pressures, driving style, spring rates, damping, all of it can have varied effects.
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gel38 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:29 pm

I shall gather that info for you tomorrow. Post it in the Dyno for you

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:39 pm

alright thanks! that gives me time to call in my specially trained on-the-go car-tuning talking-squirels! Laughing 

no animals are trained or harmed in the making and tuning of vehicles used by myself in public or private training, testing or driving sessions.
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:59 am

stuck in class right now, but ill be home for testing in an hour or two. ill start with the Tuscani, didn't think it was going to be as bad as it was, i need to try and quicken it up.
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gel38 on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:50 am

I'll be on around 1-2 pm EST tonight man, maybe we can run a test lobby?.. My wife and I are going to another town to pick up some stuff for our new house. Smile Should be back around then

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:53 am

that sounds good to me! its 11:48 est now, so that gives me some time to re-do testing at suzuka, and make a table with cars ranked fastest to slowest, ect. i told you, i cant just run laps, need to do something more scientific!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top