car suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

car suggestions

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:06 pm

just realised this is a forum suggestion box not a series suggestion box.... DOH Embarassed 

still, at least i got the idea out in the open Rolling Eyes ah well, never said i was the most inteligent of the bunch, much proven here! sorry guys!

no offense, but some people may wish ot have different cars to race, or myself, more oppositional options to keep the races fast paced and close!

if anyone has a suggested car, ill build it and see A. if it is legal, and B. if it stays withing the competitive range before suggesting it in an edit to this post

so i am building a number of cars within the regs, to see where they stack up, cars like the BMW M3 e30, which was a competitive car in the day, but didnt make the car list lineup, will be the focus of my tests.

first is the e30 bmw m3. my car is ising rota p45r wheels, which are medium/light, but not the lightest(think tsw makes a set 20lbs lighter)

with no power added or weight removed, the car is C class 417, with 215 hp and 2840lbs of german blood sweat and tears. with sport wight reduction, and 308 hp (including displacement, no cams), the car is A class 530, within the range of current FTCC cars

also tested is the 2005 bmw m3 e46. just making it legal puts it well over A class 560. im thinking no dice for this beast.

seeing as it was racing in btcc this season, i must throw the ford focus up on the table as well. the car i used was the '06 focus st, NOT DLC, and with race weight reduction and 296 hp, the car hits 532 A class PI. power->weight ratio gives it an on paper advantage, but i have never gotten one of these cars to drive well, so i dont mind facing it on track.

another btcc/wtcc racer is up next, the seat leon. i tested both the 2003 and the 2007. The 2003 got sport weight reduction and 290 hp, total weight of 2752 and PI of a class 529. the 2007 got sport reduction but 282 horsepowers, weight of 2718, pi of A class 526.

the one rotary option i like is the mazdaspeed rx8. built up with race reduction and 347 horsepower, the car is pi 543. the weight is low, 2554, but this car is a pig to drive, the more competitive power:weight ratio lets it keep pace! with the current fastest around suzuka east at 56.3 seconds, this cars 57.8 only confirms its slow pace. im sure someone can build a great car out of it, but it is a slow start compared to the rest of the field.

the celica/supra, 1984 of toyota is a favorite "tourer" of mine. in game, i love running slow cruise laps of fugimi in it, so naturally i must throw it up on the table for a touring car challenge. A class 537 was achieved with race weight and 297 horsepower.

i will need to revise the list as i keep forgetting to add the race flywheel, which only adds a couple Pi and removes a few pounds, but rules are rules!

next up is the mercedes 190e, another real life touring car winner. one issue right off the bat is tire width: 245 is stock front and rear,  im going to do testing to see what we should do as a "balance of powers" penalty to keep things even, should the FTCC officials concider adding this car to the list. on record, if i can make it handle well, even if slowed down by the penalty, this could be a future season entry from me. no forza wing available, so is it keep stock or spoiler delete? i kept stock, as spoiler delete increased Pi dramatically, while decreasing weight. with sport weight (street not available), and 299 horsepower, the car comes in at 512 PI. low a know, but i bet it is still on pace, which is my next test! my "balance of powers" low PI trick did the ... trick, the car un tuned did a 58 flat best, but i know i can shave a whole second or more from that with a good tune. the 245s do their jobs well, but they still dont like being pushed, and the car can be sluggish to respond to input.
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Re: car suggestions

Post  Gel38 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:46 am

Last night Unferled Zulu and I were looking at cars for next season.. I want to introduce faster cars also in the series (for a different class called T1) I'll take a look at the BMW's for that class, as, for the T2 class, they're a bit too fast (136 mph with stock upgrades down the 1/2 mile drag on Sedona)

With the Celica supra (84) and 190E (90)... I can tell you, i'd love to add in the 190 E... but it's a bit old for what i'm going for, has to be 1992 and up. I will definitely take a look at the Seat Leon for T2, can't believe I didn't think of it! Afterall I need 5 more cars to introduce there (as I already have 7 new ones)

I find it's best to get working on the next season while it's the 1st season, so it doesn't take so long getting it up and runnin again.

Admin

http://ftcc.justgoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:27 am

alright, sounds good. let me know when you guys figure it out, i would love to begin testing the new vehicles!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gel38 on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:50 am

Well, sadly, the BMW's just don't work out for the series. (Tried most of the M3's and one of the M5's) However, We might see A mustang in the next season's t2 class Smile

For T1, I've chosen 8 cars out and did the general tuning. Hopefully they're even, everything says they are, but only track tests will tell.... There will be a draw-back to hoppin in a T1 car next season though.... You've gotta earn it in the 1st season.

Admin

http://ftcc.justgoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:20 pm

challenge accepted. if ya need more testing data, let me know, im always willing to run test laps, especially with pro tourers(muscle ars gone touring)
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top