FTCC r32 issue.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FTCC r32 issue.

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:07 pm

currently building my r32. build allong regs, but so far i cannot get the weight below 2,999. what is the penalty for failing to meet this requirment, and what suggestions do you guys have?

also, on the r32, the smallest tire width upgrade is 235. does this mean i can run the 235 rear, or run the stock tire and hope its 225?

thanks!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Re: FTCC r32 issue.

Post  Gel38 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Guess I should specify that in the rules a bit. (about each car). If 235 is the first upgrade, you have to use stock tires. I've tried to standardize tire width, but it's not perfect (G's are more closely regulated by the restrictions)

And I think maybe, the way I got my R32 below the cap was the Race muffler? Try that, if that doesn't work, i'll take a look at my build.

Admin

http://ftcc.justgoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:28 pm

two notes

one:tested the r32, with stock front/rear tire width, did a 1:03.973 on tsukuba, bottom of my peronal leaderboard, but none of the other cars that hit the track are below 600pi, so its pretty good. my only issue is it feels handling is more towards oversteer, where the real r32 awd system had nuetral steer: no oversteer, no understeer.

two:race muffler puts me at 350 hp @ 2951lbs, but thats over the r32 power cap of 345. ill keep trying things, may need to loose the sport exhaust!
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:31 pm

i also would like to say i recomend NOT changing the weight reduction cap, as race weight reduction puts the car at 2,687lbs. awd, 345hp, and combined with one of the best awd suspension/drivetrains put in a car (besides the evos), will make the R32 EXTREMELY overpowering in the series, if they arent already!

running the car without any rear bumper or side skirts, as well as one of the hoods, will bring the car down from my lowest of 3,005 to 2,996, however this would be illegal according to rule I.c and I.d scratch

i have a challenge on my hands now! im thinking different grouping, or a joint-psce-polestar effort in a s60, maybe change which generation skyline? ill test the r33 and r34 and let you know if either meets full regs at the same weight reduction/power cap as the r32

edit: r33 has 245s front and rear STOCK, not to mention both it and the r34 still sit above the max weight cap. looks like psce wont be fielding a nissan skyline ladies and gents!

Last edited by Alex98sc10-PSCE on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:39 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : updated info)
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gel38 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:18 pm

Well! I put the buddy club rims on the car and my weight dropped to 3005... Evidentally, I didn't pay too much attention to the weight of this car when I put her together!.... Oops!... haha crap on it! Heck with it... don't worry about the weight on the car. I'll modify it as an exception to the rule. The car runs right with the pack. My bad though! Kudos to your call man!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex98sc10-PSCE on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:03 pm

if you say so! but what if there is some strange advantage to having that added few lbs? Laughing 

i already built enough, i think ima build one of each car on the list for full on testing...and get rough tech info. as much as i love just driving cars, i gotta get realistic somehow, and what is more realistic then driving myself insane trying to make a chart of power/weight ratios in hp per ton for ever vehicle to be entered in a racing event! lol!

oh and where can i get myself some ftcc/am bio racing stickers? need more stickers, it adds horsepower right!

Last edited by Alex98sc10-PSCE on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : small oops. teach me how to grammar)
Alex98sc10-PSCE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gel38 on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:59 am

AM-Bio stickers and such MAY be on my SF.. however, I can always gift them to you Smile

BUT! They aren't required on the car as part of the series. It's all in how you want it too look. Smile

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top